Visit my Website for all the blurbs, excerpts and news!!

Visit my Website for all the blurbs, excerpts and news!!
Visit my Website for all the blurbs, excerpts and news!!

Wednesday 28 February 2018

Coming Soon! Spice&Vanilla

An acceptance mail in one's inbox is always a wonderful way to start the day. If that mail arrives at least two weeks before you start stalking your inbox, that's a bonus, and no mistake! :)

Evernight said Yes! to Spice&Vanilla my new crossdresser/transgender romance, and I am so chuffed because it was really a struggle against the elements to get this book finished! With two months of rainy weather in the middle of winter there was barely enough power in my little off-grid world to get any writing done, and there was a time a few weeks ago when I despaired of ever bringing this story to life.


 A sketch I made of Paul Boche
Raphael looks a lot like him, ahem.

Time was, when Di could dance all night. Time was, when she could ride any horse in the stable. Time was when she had a fiancée, a future and a home she loved. Until a silver SUV came out of nowhere and broke her life in half.
Well concealed under a sarcastic, spiny hide, Hugh has a darkly romantic, passionate soul. Torn between love and terror, he’s held the talented, elegant, magnetic Raphael carefully at arm’s length since the day they met.
Male or female, men or women, kinky or sweet, top or bottom? Angel or devil? Raphael’s life is a string of unanswered questions.  And Lucie, his long-hidden female self, may bring it all together or destroy everything he has.


This story is in a certain sense a spill-over from my latest release, Woman as a Foreign Language, although the feel and voice of it are quite different.

In that story I barely touched on Julia/n's difficult past as a rejected transgender lover. I had had an idea of writing a prequel to WaaFL, exploring Julia/n's past in more depth, but prequels in Romance are a tricky business, given that each book is supposed to have a happy ending, and Julia/n's happy-ever-after ending happened in WaaFL.

Then a friend of mine, in a completely different context, said, I am an angel, yes, but with a little bit of a devil inside, and that sparked the idea for a whole new character, Raphael/Lucie, and a new story, Spice&Vanilla, and I began writing this very very hot spanking scene (wink, wink!).....

Still I wanted to tackle the really difficult theme of disclosure, rejection and gradual acceptance,  and S&V, which was originally intended as a quick light fetishy short story became a real emotional roller coaster, and a full length novel. 
S&V's first reader said I broke her heart open and then put it all back together again. I take that as high praise indeed!

For all that, it's still very hot and very fetishy, so, stay tuned :)

If you read and loved WaaFL, know that both Nina and Julia/n make an appearance in this new story. I just could not let go of them just yet.

If you have not read it, let me remind you that you can get it at 

Spice&Vanilla will be out in the next few months, fingers crossed.
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment