Visit my Website for all the blurbs, excerpts and news!!

Visit my Website for all the blurbs, excerpts and news!!
Visit my Website for all the blurbs, excerpts and news!!

Wednesday 20 December 2017

Julia/n, a sketch...

Ever wondered what Julia/n in Woman as a Foreign Language might look like?
Well, here you go (add freckles to taste).
When I wrote WaaFL, the first inspiration for Julia/n was Eddie Redmayne in his Danish Girl makeup. Then once the story was already done and finished, I came across some pictures of this amazing model, and I had to go back, and rewrite half of the character descriptions. Ahem.

 Danila in Rioja
© Katherine Wyvern 2017

With many thanks to the wondrously beautiful and really kind Danila Kovalev, whose picture I copied for this bit of pencil sketching.



And I am happy to report WaaFL's latest review:

"....The blurb intrigued the hell out of me, and let me just say that the story more than lived up to my expectations. WaaFL is different than anything I've ever read, but so beautifully written and heart wrenching (in a good way) that I started reading and didn't get up until I finished. The characters drew on my empathy in a way few have before, and I found myself thinking that every single person needs to read this to gain a better understanding of what it means to identify differently than what your physical body dictates to society.

Rarely will I re-read a story, but this one has left me with a book hangover - two days later - that will need to be satisfied in the form of another dose of magic that Katherine has so poignantly woven."


Thank you, dear readers.

 

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! Reading the book, that's exactly how I pictured Julia/n. You are incredibly talented, and Danila himself is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete