Visit my Website for all the blurbs, excerpts and news!!

Visit my Website for all the blurbs, excerpts and news!!
Visit my Website for all the blurbs, excerpts and news!!

Thursday 14 February 2019

Top five things on my bucket list - the #evernighties


Top five things on my bucket list.

First of all I would like to mention that it's a little weird to discuss my bucket list on my birthday, but anyway. Have a nice Valentine, my dear, long-suffering readers. 

Ok, this is a hard one for me. Not so much because I have too many things to choose from, but simply because I don’t have much of a bucket list at all. Perhaps that is a symptom of having had a fulfilling life? I don’t know. There many things that I desire (a better political situation in this crazy world, my hedges and fruit trees to grow, all hunters that prowl along my fence on Sundays to drop dead) but they are not things you can just put on the bucket list. 

But I’ll give it a try.

As a builder I’d love to finish my hobbit house. A little cob cottage with a grass roof that I am building on the footprint of an ancient ruin. A home that blends seamlessly in the forest around it, and is built from materials sourced in the forest itself.


As an artist, I’d love to have a chance to photograph my favorite model of all times, D. Kovalev. That would fit well with one of my two dream travel destinations, Moscow. It is full of fascinating ancient architecture... and some astonishing modern things... Does that count as two things on the bucket list then? 


 Photo courtesy of Katerina Ross on Facebook

Unfortunately, I fear that I am not talented enough a photographer to deserve the privilege of working with D. Kovalev, so perhaps I will be content portraying him second-hand, so to say, through my drawings.

Empathy - Pencil drawing
© Katherine Wyvern 2018

Travel-wise, there is Moscow, mentioned above, and Grenada. I have had a lifelong fascination with the Alhambra palace. Like all places where East meets West it seems to incorporate elements of European art and culture, which I love, with the magic and spice of the exotic Orient. Best of both worlds.


 Creative Commons Image

And I would love to be a the Venice Carnival again, this time in full costume. 



A pretty humble bucket list, considering, but right now, all of these things seem pretty unreachable, except the building of my cottage perhaps. I just have to get my ass up, and go, and do it. Easy peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment